Saturday 5 January 2013

Day Thirty - walkies!

Well, feeling a bit better today. Dragged my ass out of bed at 09:15, shower and breakfast, chemo tablets then watched tv for a while.
Had a lovely dinner of quiche and salad, with olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and a few walnuts, very nice. Smoothie to finish. Joh was home by 2, so we went for a walk. Well, Joh was walking, I was wheezing along behind. We only went on a short walk, about a mile and a half, but the uphills really knocked me for six, as usual. It really does feel ridiculous getting out of breath on even the shortest climbs, or just anything that needs a bit of effort.
However, my spirits are still up, and I understand I need to rest through this part of my treatment. The way I look at it is that I've done loads of miles in 2012 cycling and running and walking, so taking it easy for a few months wont be such a big deal. It's for the greater good.

Nearly tea time, see you around xx

No comments:

Post a Comment