Monday 7 January 2013

Day Thirty Two - Beechwood

Part 3 of my 8 day course at Beechwood Cancer Care Centre today. Once again a very relaxing day. Start the morning with a one to one with a trained nurse/counselor, off-load any moans or gripes I have so far, not many. Then a bit of foot massage to relax me further, a spot of lunch, then a relax in the main room, on a magic carpet to a lost lagoon! Lovely. After all that, a talk on Fatigue, which was quite pertinent as that's what I've had for the last week.
I can't sing the praises of the Beechwood and it's brilliant staff enough. They really do make you feel so welcome and relaxed as soon as you walk through the door. If you know anyone suffering from cancer, get them into here if you can.

My dad took me and picked up today. I'm still not quite up to driving as I still had a thick head this morning. Energy levels are increasing though, and I felt ok today climbing stairs and generally walking about. Rather tellingly, my legs have started twitching again, which is a sure sign they are in need of a good walk, which I'll give a go tomorrow. I'm still off coffee, but tea is ok.

I've got a swollen vein on my right arm where the cannula was inserted, and further up my arm has swollen up too. My left arm has developed a strange bruise on the inside of my elbow, which I've no idea where from? I'll have to keep an eye on that.

So, relaxed, bruised, sore veins, energy levels up, sickness down. Going in the right direction I reckon, should be back on the bike by the end of the week :)

Later xx

No comments:

Post a Comment