Thursday 27 December 2012

Day twenty one - day four of the festive 500

What a great turnout for this mornings ride! I counted 13 of us braving the chilly morning start to meet at polocini coffee shop. Actually, there were a few who didn't quite make it at the start time but managed to catch up with us later. Fortunately we had a puncture early on that allowed Rob and Alan to catch us. Rob then had his own later that morning.
Punctures aside, it was a cracking ride with the majority of the riders being Manchester wheelers. Richard from the test team came along and also my good mate and petrol head Peter came along too. Route was the same as Monday with much better weather for the first half of the ride. We stopped at tatton for a brew and cake this time as well.
We set off into the rain after that, rob having his puncture not long after, headed to wilmslow and back to polocini in Romiley. All a little tired and damp. Once again, a big thanks to you lot who are helping me reach the target mileage. I'm at 163 miles now this week, so 53% of the challenge done. I feel the next four days are going to be the most challenging.

After a rest this afternoon, we went out for a lovely curry with Sarah and Ian, who were escaping the joys of new parenthood for an evening.

Symptom wise I'm still very slowly losing hair and my legs ache!

Laters xx

No comments:

Post a Comment