Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Day Five - Fruity

I didn't feel like getting up this morning. Went to bed early last night, before 10pm, then was awake at 12, 3 and then finally 6am. Didn't feel tired as such, just kind of a lack of energy. Anyway, I waited till everyone had left, Joh to work with Paige and Isaac off to College, and got up. Had some crumpets for breakfast with Lurpak and Jam, which again, went down no problem, with no sticking in my gullet.
I then got a nice Tweet off Gary, the former 39 stone cyclist. We'd been in touch before about maybe going for a ride, but he's moved out of the area and we'd lost touch. He'd only just realized that it was me with the cancer, and the same person who'd bought the Cannondale bike off his mate. Small world :)
Pottered around doing some tidying up, then took Ellie out for a little walk. Stopped at Polocini for a coffee and chat with Claire, then came home and had some lunch. Potatoe and Leek soup with 2 slices of bread. Easy down again. Nice. I've not lost my appetite as yet, just the thought of making food is making me a bit queasy.
I was supposed to be at a support group at Stepping Hill this afternoon, but I'd got the date wrong. It was yesterday, so I missed that. Not to worry, I'd dropped off Isaac's camera gear on the way for him, so he could do some filming this afternoon, and took the time to do a bit of Xmas shopping in SK while I was out and feeling ok.
Still feeling a little spaced. Not dizzy, just not 100%.
When I arrived home, my neighbour had taken in a parcel for me. I'd no idea what it was. Upon opening the big box, it was a gorgeous fruit hamper from my fellow managers at Royal Mail. A massive thanks for that Gents and Ladies, much appreciated. The fruit is bloody gorgeous :)

Purchased the latest version of Rouleur and Cyclist magazines while I was out, did a little reading on the sofa, had a doze, little bit more reading, then Isaac came home, followed by Joh.
I fancied a curry tonight, but the Indigo only had tables at 6pm and 9pm, too early and too late for me, so we went down the Hare & Hounds in Otterspool instead.
I was so confident of my latest eating abilities that I ordered a burger and chips. The last time I had burger and chips was at the Mud Crab in Didsbury, and the chips all got stuck in my gullet and it took me over an hour to eat the burger! No such problems this time. The burger went down fine, and I even ate most of the chips. Result! I was still taking my time eating, but it wasn't even remotely as bad as it's been over the last 3 months.

So, in just 5 days, after a 10 hour infusion and 2 lots of tablets everyday, it would seem my gullet has cleared enough for food to pass through with only minor sticking. I've no idea why, but it's got to be a good sign.

Good night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment