Wednesday 19 December 2012

Day Thirteen - Ribble

What a busy day. Woke up this morning at 6 as usual, and had no side effects whatsoever. No sickness, no lightheaded spells, nothing. That is pretty good when you consider the powerful chemo drugs I'm on. I reckon my body has got used to what I've had so far. Still, I'm deffo losing my hair now as its not growing. Oh well, it'll save me a few quid at the barbers and shaving stuff for a while.
So feeling fine this morning, I took Natalie, from polocini, out for an off road ride. Nice easy pace, flat route around the river, and even managed to avoid the rain. Once home, it was a quick lunch and then a dash up to Preston to collect my "winter" bike. A lovely Ribble. I've been wanting one of these for years, relaxed geometry so it's a bit more comfortable to ride long distance and in bad weather and full mudguards to keep the worst of the road crap off you. For the price, you can't beat it.
Took some time setting it up when I got home, and its now ready to go. Unfortunately I'll not get chance till maybe Friday as I'm at the christie tomorrow for my first review.
Finally today joh and I went to the excellent Indigo for tea. Once again eating with no problems and at normal speed now.

Good night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment